Young Scholar Award
The Young Scholar Award was established to recognize students who demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities and made a significant contribution to their school and community. The scholarship is valued at $500 CAD.
The short answer component of the Young Scholar Award application includes commonly asked leadership questions from prestigious scholarship applications and interviews. The questions were designed systematically and are cohesive with one another, so that they can be combined to form a complete 1000 words essay.
The Young Scholar Award is open to all high school students in Canada, including grades 9-12 and CEGEP students.
Deadline for the 2020 Young Scholar Award
UPDATE: The deadline for submissions have been extended. All applicants must submit by email their application by 11:59PM EST February 19th, 2020. Incomplete and/or late application will not be accepted.
1. Access the latest application form here and fill out all fields.
2. Prepare all the supporting documents.
3. Upload documents using provided form.
4. Submit application form. You will receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter.
1. Completed personal information
2. Completed short answer component (4 questions)
3. School reference letter
4. Community reference letter
5. Official student transcript with school stamp (refer to the FAQ if your school does not have an official stamp)
Application Tips and Common Mistakes
Visit the Application Tips page to view advice from past successful scholarship recipients and scholarship selection committee professionals.
Request for Judge Feedback
To provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain experience with scholarship applications, request for feedback from the panel of judges can be made. For more information, please contact us.