Young Scholar Award
The Young Scholar Award was established to recognize students who demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities and made a significant contribution to their school and community. The scholarship is valued at $1000.
The short answer component of the Young Scholar Award application includes commonly asked leadership questions from prestigious scholarship applications and interviews. The questions were designed systematically and are cohesive with one another, so that they can be combined to form a complete 1000 words essay.
The Young Scholar Award is open to all high school students in Canada, including grades 9-12 and CEGEP students.
All applicants must submit by email their application by 11:59PM EST (TBA), 2018. Incomplete and/or late application will not be accepted.
1. Download the latest application form here at the link provided when the application period opens.
2. Prepare all the supporting documents.
3. Complete the application form.
4. Email your completed application form (Word file) with all supporting documents (PDF or JPG files) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
1. Completed personal information
2. Completed short answer component (4 questions)
3. School reference letter
4. Community reference letter
5. Official student transcript with school stamp (refer to the FAQ (hyperlink to the FAQ page specifically for this award) if your school does not have an official stamp)
Tips and Common Mistakes
Visit our Application Tips page (hyperlink) for scholarship application tips. The tips were established after an in-depth discussion with past successful scholarship recipients and scholarship selection committee professionals.
The panel of judges have compiled a list of commonly made mistakes (hyperlink) by previous years’ applicants. Students are strongly recommend to read the article prior to completing their application. The judges’ suggestions on how to improve are applicable to other scholarship applications as well. For more information, please visit the “Common Mistakes” tab.